Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 19, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like...

Christmas! I absolutely love this time of year for so many reasons. First and foremost because we get to celebrate the birth of our Savior. And secondly because this time of year revolves so much around spending time with family and friends. Oh...and of course all of the yummy Christmas treats too!

I must admit that for the first time in the 5-year history of the Cocke Family we had our tree and decorations up before Thanksgiving. Normally I'm very anti super early decorating. I mean I usually wait until at least the Friday after Thanksgiving :) But it was so nice to come home from our trip to Austin to a clean, fully decorated house.

Beckett has definitely been intrigued by the Christmas tree although he has done a pretty good job of leaving most of the ornaments alone...not an easy task for a busy guy his age.

I am beside myself with excitement for Christmas morning when I'm sure Santa will make a rather large delivery to our house...for Beckett has certainly been a good boy this yea!. But I'm fairly confident that his favorite gift will also be the least expensive one...a real phone I found at Target for $5.99. I know that sounds like a random gift, but the child is obsessed with phones and remote controls. Make that REAL phones and WORKING remote controls. One might think that all we do in front of him is talk on the phone or flip through TV channels, but let me assure you that is not the case. It is just his "thing" right now...and it's really kind of cute.

So here are a few pics of the Cockes in the holiday spirit. Beckett and his friend Addison went to the Little Bethlehem event at our church a few weeks ago so there are pics of that too.

We wish you all a very Merry Christmas!











No comments: