Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Two months old!

Where has the time gone? My maternity leave is flying by way too quickly, and my baby is growing too fast!! We went in for his 8 week check-up last week so here are his stats.

Weight: 13.4 lbs (75-90%)
Length: 23.5 inches (50-75%)
Head circumference: 16 inches (50-75%)

He has now definitely outgrown all of his newborn clothes and even has a few 0-3 month clothes that are getting a little snug. My little man loves to eat and never skips a meal so that's no surprise!

It seems as if he is learning new things every day. He has become a smile expert and will generally give a smile to anyone who is willing to pay attention to him. And he has the most adorable dimple on his right cheek...it gets me every time!

He has also started making all kinds of noises that crack me up. He loves to be talked to and read to and really does respond like he totally understands what I am saying. I feel like a comedian and a genius all the time. And I must confess that every now and then I find myself using that silly "baby" voice I swore I would never use. But he seems to like it so I don't feel quite so silly.

We also found out last week that Beckett has a cow's milk protein allergy so my diet is severely restricted. I know that milk grosses a lot of people out, but I am a huge fan so this has been really difficult for me. Not only have I had to cut out milk but all milk products and any product containing milk ingredients, whey, and casein. It might not sound so bad, but take a look in your pantry and see how many items you are unable to eat...I was amazed. But we are managing and head back to the doctor tomorrow for his shots and a follow-up.

More later...here are pics from the last week or so.


Getting so big!


Such a sweet sleeper...I could watch him all day long.


Laughing with Aunt Jenny


My little burrito


Quality time with Uncle Adam


Cracking each other up!


Sleeping with Char

3 comments:

Mary said...

he is growing up SO FAST!! so precious.

The Manuel Family said...

Great pics - I LOVE his smile! Sorry about the milk protein allergy. Do they think he might outgrow it?

Mary Lauren said...

He is such a big boy! And please...do not deny that you are a comedian. I can tell Beckett several stories from college like one that involves a man in a blue turban doing doughnuts in the Commons parking lot!