Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 30, 2009

25 Random Things

So like Melissa said on her blog, this has been all over Facebook...here are 25 random facts about me.

1. I have known Sam for almost half of my life...that's a long time! We met in high school in 1995.

2. I often wish I was as adventurous as my sister. She left Spring, TX to live in South Carolina, New Jersey, London, and now North Carolina. I can't manage to leave a 60 mile radius of the house I grew up in.

3. I hate mayonnaise more than any food in the whole world.

4. I still have dreams about sleeping through a final exam.

5. I used to think I wanted all girls...now I can't imagine having anything but boys!

6. Our dog is a 90-lb lab who sleeps in our bed. Yes he snores, and yes it is crowded. But on a cold night he keeps me very warm.

7. I really miss being pregnant.

8. I didn't think life could get any better than college...but I wouldn't trade where I am now for anything.

9. I can't believe I'm old enough to realize that what I wore in college is really out of style now.

10. We inherited some Wyler's Italian Ice pops from the Parsons during Hurricane Ike, and I am absolutely addicted to them.

11. I love milk and could probably drink 2 gallons a week if it wasn't for Beckett's protein allergy.

12. I watch way too much reality TV.

13. At one point I thought I could get about 5 major projects done on maternity leave. I now realize that getting a shower and getting out of the house (even if it's just to check the mail) is a good day with a newborn...so much for all of the free time I imagined.

14. I used to love prank calling. I probably still do but haven't done it since college.

15. I could eat cheese pizza every day of the week if only it fit in more categories on the food pyramid.

16. I sobbed through the ending of Marley and Me because I know someday that will be us.

17. I really like being a mom...even more than I thought I would. Beckett makes everything about a bad day all better.

18. I didn't think it would take me so long to figure out how to not get sprayed while changing Beckett's diaper. I'm much better now but still manage to let my guard down and make a mess every now and then.

19. I strutted my stuff in a bikini last May in Aruba while 15 weeks pregnant. It wasn't pretty, but we didn't know anyone.

20. I've been to Florence, Italy twice...on the same trip. Not intentionally but because Brooke and I couldn't understand the conductor on the train. But the gelato and shopping were good so we were happy.

21. I was a little nervous about moving to the suburbs a few years ago, but now I love it. We have made some really good friends up here.

22. Sometimes I really think that the high school kids we work with through Young Life actually think I am cool and not some old lady.

23. I really believe that God has a plan for each of us...even though we might not always understand the timing or the details.

24. When I was in high school I fell off a treadmill in the middle of a gym.

25. My first job was as a cashier at Randall's. I won a scan off contest for being the fastest. The grand prize was a case of Dr. Randall's soda.

5 comments:

parsonsfamily said...

Oh I have the same dream as number 4!!! How weird!

Mary said...

i always dream about sleeping through finals! i will wake up in a cold sweat, sometimes crying. it's so ridiculous.

Becky Fenn said...

I need to try these ice pops I have heard so much about! Loved your list:) So funny...

The Manuel Family said...

Loved the list. Florence WAS great - both times...lots of good stories! ;)

Mary Lauren said...

Of course you won the scan off, Sheila! I loved that one!