Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 23, 2009

Brave boy

My poor baby finally got his 2-month shots on Wednesday, a couple of weeks behind schedule. The last two times we tried to get them Beckett had a low grade fever so Wednesday things were finally back to normal. I think the shots are much more traumatic for the parents than for the babies. I'm terrified of needles in the first place so I just stood at his head and held the pacifier in his mouth praying I wouldn't get a glimpse of the shots going in. It would be my luck that I would be the mom they would have to pick up off the floor from passing out. But I did good...and so did Beckett! He let out a loud scream with the first prick and gave me the saddest look as if he was saying "Mom, how could you? I thought we were friends." But they were over quickly, and we spent the rest of the day napping. I felt so guilty for putting him through that so I compensated by letting him sleep on me all afternoon...no crib after shots is the rule around here :-)

We also found out this week that his milk protein allergy seems to be very mild. I have been able to add back everything to my diet except for ice cream and cold milk. Hallelujah!!

Other than that it has been life as usual. He is now sleeping consistently through the night. He typically goes down between 8 and 9, wakes up around 4 and needs his pacifier, then wakes up again around 5:30 to eat, then goes back to sleep until 8:30 or so. It is absolute bliss to finally feel rested again!


His battle wounds from the shots


Burping success


We need to work on his manners...notice the middle finger


Loving bath time






Playing with Char


Smiling for the camera


Playing with George


Diaper check...yep, it's a dirty one


...and it's nap time


Even George is wiped out

3 comments:

Kim Erbele said...

I just can't get over how precious that boy is!

Katie Sheedy said...

I love the pictures! Keep 'em coming! And, I love that George is right over him all the time. What a protective big brother! Also...did anyone else notice the "Vanilla Ice" striped-look to Beckett's hair during bath time? "Stop! Collaborate and listen..."

The Manuel Family said...

He is so good looking, She! Sorry about the shots - that's always terrible.