Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Catching Up...Part 2

The month of June never seemed to slow down for us. The Saturday after I got back from Las Vegas Sam left to spend a week at a Young Life camp in Colorado called Frontier Ranch (i.e. Swine Flu Ranch).

I was sorry to miss camp this year, yet so grateful for the reason that kept me home! I think the only part of the trip I was really happy to miss was the 20 hour bus ride. But I was so excited that Sam was still able to go because I know that Frontier truly is one of the highlights of his year. They had a great time despite the swine flu breakout, and thankfully all of the germs were left at camp. Beckett and I stayed safe and healthy after Sam's return. Here are a few pics of his trip.










The Friday before Sam got back from camp was our 5th anniversary. I just can't believe it's been 5 years already. It's hard to even remember what life was like then when it was just the two of us in a little apartment. What did we do with all the free time we must have had??

Then...a lot more hair and a little less weight


Now...a lot less hair, a little more weight, and a sweet baby boy!

The next day was my dad's birthday and then Father's day on Sunday. Beckett and I spent the majority of Father's Day with my parents since Sam didn't get home from camp until that evening. I would say we celebrated Sam's first Father's Day, but that might be a bit of an exaggeration. He was so tired from his trip and still not feeling great so we ordered some take out and spent the evening at home. Beckett and I still owe him a day :) Sam is such a great, hands on dad, and Beckett is one lucky little boy! To see them interact just melts my heart. I always knew he would be a wonderful father, but seeing it in action is really indescribable.


Beckett with Grandpa on Father's Day

And that pretty much sums up the month of June for the Cockes. We just got back from a family reunion in Hannibal, Missouri and have no plans on traveling again anytime soon. Hallelujah!!

1 comment:

Honeyman 4 said...

Busy!! Great wedding pic of you guys...and congrats on 5!