Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 25, 2010

We're Alive!

Just in case any of you thought we had all fallen off the face of the earth...

I won't lie. Going back to work full time has been a really hard transition for me, hence the lack of blogging. I was so used to my part time schedule and probalby didn't appreciate how good I had it until it was gone. The first few weeks were especially tough...I cried on most days because I just missed my baby (well...technically he's very much a big boy but I'm his mommy so he will always be my baby!). But this has become our new normal, at least for now, so we're trying to make the best of it.

Despite working too much and playing too little we have managed to take a few pictures and enjoy some much needed family time on the weekends.

Aunt Jenny came for a visit at the end of the summer, and Beckett was all about Aunt J. It may or may not have something to do with the fact that green is his favorite color, and Aunt J packed an entire wardrobe that consisted completely of green. Not that she needed the bribe...he LOVES her!!!








When we weren't soaking up rays at the pool, we spent some time in the backyard shooting hoops and trying to drink like the dog does out of the water table. We like to keep it real around here so that's why Beckett's pants are about to fall off...I mean he was playing basketball...what do you expect??





After we got all the manly basketball playing out of the way we spent some time walking around the house in Mommy's favorite red shoes. Beckett might kill me for posting these one day, but it's a risk I'm willing to take because they are so darn cute/funny!



Love this pic...you can't tell but he's checking out his reflection in the dishwasher!
Stay tuned for some more pics coming shortly...I'm determined to catch up one of these days.

2 comments:

Mary said...

so proud of you! glad to see some new pictures, i can't believe how big beckett is and that jake will be that big at this time next year!!!

The Manuel Family said...

Love the picture of him in your shoes!