Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 28, 2010

Busy and Stressful

That pretty much sums up the last two months for us!

We started off May with my sister's wedding on the 8th followed by Mother's Day on the 9th. The wedding was absolutely beautiful, and if I do say so myself I think Jen was just stunning! We have been in baby mode for so long with our friends that I forgot how much fun wedding season is...although I must admit I don't feel quite as young as I used to...all of the festivities wore me out...in a good way :)

Beckett didn't make it to the rehearsal dinner, but he held his own at the reception and made it until 11:00...we couldn't believe it! Here are a couple of pics or our little man showing off his sophisticated dance moves (ignore the paci...we were desperate to keep him happy at this point in the night.)





We spent Mother's Day recovering from the wedding festivities, but Beckett and Sam did take me to eat at Chuy's. Nothing says "I love you Mom" like some creamy jalapeno!

Then life got stressful. My job share partner quit in early May, and a week later my company announced they would be laying off 28% of the sales force but not announcing it for another month...seriously?!?!?

Luckily I did survive the layoff, but I am still having trouble finding a job share partner. If I can't find a replacement by August 15th I will have to go back full time...something I am absolutely dreading...but we'll make it work if we have to. So for now the stress continues...

The rest of May and June were spent doing lots of fun things indoors since it is so darn hot in Houston. We also managed to celebrate our 6th anniversary, Father's Day and my dad's birthday in one weekend. Needless to say things have not been dull around here.

Anyway...enough of my rambling and on to the pictures. And yes, Beckett's shirt does say "Dude, your girlfriend keeps checking me out." Don't ask...it was an impulse buy at Walgreens because we needed a blue and gold shirt for a Klein basketball game a few months ago.


One of his new favorite past times...walking around in Daddy's shoes




Vegging on the couch watching sports...or maybe Sesame Street




Another favorite past time...raiding our closet while we are trying to get dressed


Happy Birthday, BaBa!


Such an old soul...reading the newspaper at Char's...all he needs is his sippy cup filled with coffee


Enjoying a game of indoor hoops with BaBa

3 comments:

Mary said...

love that kid!!

praying for your job situation...it WILL work out!

Mary Lauren said...

Wow, She-dog you have had a lot on your plate. Will pray for a new partner asap. Love to the little man!

The Manuel Family said...

LOVE the shirt from Walgreens. That is a classic!!