Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 3, 2008

The best is yet to come...

And now that we have experimented with a dog we are so excited to welcome our first child this month! We were beyond thrilled when we found out I was pregnant back in March, and my how the 9 months have flown by!


Thought I was getting big here...


Thought surely I won't get any bigger now...


37 weeks...I give up...even when I think I can't possibly get any larger, the belly continues to grow!

Our baby boy is expected any day now, and we can't wait to meet him. Below is an ultrasound pic from about 18 weeks or so. I can't imagine how much he has grown and changed since then.


He is not officially due until November 19th, but in true Cocke fashion he is measuring on the large side (7 lbs at 36 weeks!!) so we are scheduled for an induction on November 10th if he doesn't come on his own before then. Below is a picture of Sam's younger brother (my proof that the Cockes just don't produce small babies)!


So now we just wait. I'm dying to know what his little personality will be like, what it will feel like to hold him, what his gifts and talents will be, and who he will look like. Secretly, I've always hoped that our baby boy would be a mini version of his daddy...but I guess a little redhead wouldn't be so bad either!

Sam at 1 yr old


Sheila at about the same age

6 comments:

Becky Fenn said...

Yay! I LOVE the pictures -- you are Sam were such cuties. And - I love the dance pictures...can I borrow those overalls? Can't wait to meet baby Beckett soon:):)

Mary said...

love it! you're a great blogger! i see lots of potential here :)

Mama said...

Happy new blog!!! Can't wait to see more :)

parsonsfamily said...

Oh my gosh! I love it! Can't wait to meet little Beckett!

Mary Lauren said...

Yippee...a convert! Welcome to the club and you are a great writer. This way I will feel a lot closer to you than states away:)

Katie Sheedy said...

Yay Sheila! I love that you have a blog now. It will be so fun to keep up with you daily now! Love you and can't wait to meet Beckett!